Search This Blog

I am a quilter living in Woodbridge, Suffolk who has made quilts since I was a teenager. I also ring bells! Both are great British traditions....I will try to feature some of my antique Welsh and Durham quilts, the quilts I make myself, my quilting activities and also some of my bellringing achievements. Plus as many photos as I can manage. NB: Double click on the photos to see greater detail, then use back button to return to the main page.













Friday 28 July 2017

Ceridigion Coastal Path



Last year, we walked from Cwmtydu to New Quay and really enjoyed our walk, so this year we went to the same little village, Cwmtydu and walked along the coastal path in the other direction. The walking was steeper, and the scenery was very good.





Horses and sheep were grazing....



Cardigan Bay stretched out beyond us....the sun was very bright...


There seemed to be more wildflowers about this year.....

Wild flower...

But we did not spot any seals this year.

The end of the walk was 4 1/2 miles away at Llangranog. I was most impressed to see three lifeguards on duty at the small beach. They recommended the Pentre Arms for lunch and we were not disappointed. A good meal with a lovely view.


The walk back seemed very steep...

...and we had both caught the sun. One would think that the walk would be 9 miles, given the fact that the signage stated 4 1/2 miles each way, but our Endemono app said just over 10 miles.

We planned to go in the Lampeter direction the next day, and the weather forecast did not look brilliant...

No comments:

Post a Comment