Search This Blog

I am a quilter living in Woodbridge, Suffolk who has made quilts since I was a teenager. I also ring bells! Both are great British traditions....I will try to feature some of my antique Welsh and Durham quilts, the quilts I make myself, my quilting activities and also some of my bellringing achievements. Plus as many photos as I can manage. NB: Double click on the photos to see greater detail, then use back button to return to the main page.













Tuesday 17 May 2016

Quilt Studies 17

My copy of Quilt Studies arrived on Saturday....it contains the written versions of the papers we heard at a BQSG seminar held in October 2015 in Brighton Grove, Manchester.


The article that I find most interesting is the one by Clare Claridge, "The Quilt Wives of Aberdare".
The article sets out in detail the story of the quilting initiative of the Rural Industries Bureau in Wales. Leading quilters in the Aberdare area are identified, and to the rear, some quilting designs set out.

Other articles are: "Pride of Place: The Bed and its Furniture: An Analysis of 88 Wills (1580-1680) from North Staffordshire and South Cheshire by Paula Hulme; Egyptian Quilting: The Documentation, Structural Analysis and Conservation of Two Mamluk Caps in the Newberry Collection, University of Leeds, by Jacqueline Hyman; The History of Cyanotype (Blueprinting) and its Use in Photography, Industry Art and Textiles, by Dr Cathy C Michel; A Stitch in Time by Jennifer Vickers.

Copies of this Quilt Studies can be purchased from The Quilt Museum, York.

No comments:

Post a Comment