Search This Blog

I am a quilter living in Woodbridge, Suffolk who has made quilts since I was a teenager. I also ring bells! Both are great British traditions....I will try to feature some of my antique Welsh and Durham quilts, the quilts I make myself, my quilting activities and also some of my bellringing achievements. Plus as many photos as I can manage. NB: Double click on the photos to see greater detail, then use back button to return to the main page.













Wednesday 2 July 2014

More Molas

 I enjoy molas, they are very lively with a lot of detail! They are often brought back as tourist souvenirs from Panama. Formerly they were made as panels in clothing for the Cuna people of the San Blas Islands, now they are an important source of income.

I am not sure what this creature is! He was sold as a mythical animal, it is gathering something to put in his basket...great colours....


Again, not sure what this means..it may be a logo or a brand of an item? This mola was bought very inexpensively, I was interested to see that it was professionally framed in Brixton....it has anti-glare glass. It has now been hung on my wall....

2 comments:

  1. Are thy stitched by hand or machine

    ReplyDelete
  2. These are stitched by hand....tiny, tiny stitches...quite amazing! Especially if you have ever done applique yourself, youll appreciate the skill involved....

    ReplyDelete