Search This Blog

I am a quilter living in Woodbridge, Suffolk who has made quilts since I was a teenager. I also ring bells! Both are great British traditions....I will try to feature some of my antique Welsh and Durham quilts, the quilts I make myself, my quilting activities and also some of my bellringing achievements. Plus as many photos as I can manage. NB: Double click on the photos to see greater detail, then use back button to return to the main page.













Wednesday 11 June 2014

Just a bit more quilting needed....

Do you remember, that a few weeks ago, I machine quilted a hexie flower top for Karin Hellaby? The good news is, this quilt is the "cover quilt " for her new book. The other news was, the corners really needed to be quilted! I had run out of steam and ideas, and had left them unquilted. So, the quilt was mailed back from the photographers, so that I could do a bit more quilting. 


I decided to do a simple grid. The rest of the border was 3/4" lines, so I decided that a 3/4" grid would look simple....traditional yet modern. It did not take long to mark and sew, with a walking foot and orange rayon thread. Then, the ends were tied off and darned in....


A photo of the entire quilt. It went back to Karin, and then to the photographers....looking forward to seeing the book, hopefully in time for the Festival of Quilts.

No comments:

Post a Comment