Search This Blog

I am a quilter living in Woodbridge, Suffolk who has made quilts since I was a teenager. I also ring bells! Both are great British traditions....I will try to feature some of my antique Welsh and Durham quilts, the quilts I make myself, my quilting activities and also some of my bellringing achievements. Plus as many photos as I can manage. NB: Double click on the photos to see greater detail, then use back button to return to the main page.













Sunday 8 September 2013

Traditional Quilts 2 - Festival of Quilts 2013

More photos from the Festival of Quilts - hope that I have got all the details correct. Any changes to be made - please comment and I will correct!


Liz Nally's Sanderson Star quilt - pattern taken from Barbara Chainey's book, but scaled down so that it smaller - half size?


Detail of Liz's quilt - lighting a bit funny, was more contrast in the fabrics than this shows...


Tatyana Duffie, Bathgate, Scotland, Christmas Lights


Andrea Ashwell, Westbury, Green Belt, made with North County quilts in mind for her daughter's bedroom




Fusako Takido, Japan, Garden of Dreams



Jean Ball, Gravesend, Little Stars



Detail....

Winner of Contemporary Quilts, Tuula Makinen, Celebration II


2nd Contemporary Quilts, Jacqueline Amies, Hip Hip Hooray

2 comments:

  1. Hi, Pippa. Enjoyed seeing the photos from Festival of Quilts. What an amazing show! Thanks so much
    best, nadia

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Pippa, thanks for showing my quilt! The lighting wasn't good for yellows! I used the templates from Barbara's book at the size that most of them were printed at which I think was 2/3rds and the quilt came out at 50" square, the original was 82"X87".
    Visiting the Quilt Museum tomorrow!Best wishes, Liz

    ReplyDelete