Search This Blog

I am a quilter living in Woodbridge, Suffolk who has made quilts since I was a teenager. I also ring bells! Both are great British traditions....I will try to feature some of my antique Welsh and Durham quilts, the quilts I make myself, my quilting activities and also some of my bellringing achievements. Plus as many photos as I can manage. NB: Double click on the photos to see greater detail, then use back button to return to the main page.













Saturday 1 September 2012

Festival of Quilts - more photos

Here are some more photos of quilts from the Festival of Quilts 2012.


This was a very beautiful quilt. It had crystals which did sparkle nicely but are not apparent in the photo. It is called " In the Middle of the Night" and is by Angela Rudolph of Geithain, Germany. Do you  remember the report on the use of fusible webbing and the implications for the lifespan of the quilt? I wonder what problems museum curators and collectors will have in the future? This quilt is embellished with "Hotfix applications". It is paper foundation pieced and longarm quilted.


This was a lovely wholecloth quilt which was machine quilted.

This quilt is "Rampant Blue" by Birgitta Debenham of Dorchester. Machine pieced and quilted in silk cotton and linen. Contemporary translation of 17th c heraldic cross stitch pattern.


"Tara" by Simon Henry of Derby who challenged himself to use techniques that were not familiar, like curved edge piecing, turned edges....very colourful.


This quilt has a familiar theme - the celtic spiral???


This is a two person quilt "Glacier Star" by Janet Stone and Janet L Santeusanio (longarm quilter) of the USA. Paper pieced and designed to compliment the colour scheme of a room, this quilt got a commendation.

Nicely machine quilted..



"This Many Faces, This Many Cultures"  by Rita Dijkstra-Hesselink of Hengelo Holland. All the faces are made out of fabrics, with accents added in free motion quilting. Pictures of people from all over the world are used as the basis for the portraits. Very interesting quilt, with lots to look at.

No comments:

Post a Comment