Search This Blog

I am a quilter living in Woodbridge, Suffolk who has made quilts since I was a teenager. I also ring bells! Both are great British traditions....I will try to feature some of my antique Welsh and Durham quilts, the quilts I make myself, my quilting activities and also some of my bellringing achievements. Plus as many photos as I can manage. NB: Double click on the photos to see greater detail, then use back button to return to the main page.













Tuesday 25 September 2012

Back to Suffolk from Florida

I arrived back yesterday morning, on an overnight flight from Miami. So back to work today, although I still feel a bit jetlagged!



Mother lives in"The Village", a pleasant retirement community in Gainesville. I liked her new flat. One project for the week was to set up her new Ipad - email, Facebook etc. When I left she was already  up to 11 family friends!


Everyday, I had a walk around the estate for exercise. This is the "Gin Lake". The area was a plantation in the mid 1800's, and this was the site of the cotton gin, where the cotton had its seeds removed by  machine. The weather was hot and humid; you can see the Spanish Moss (a bromiliad, I think).


There were a number of waterbirds, including flocks of these white ibis.


During the week we went to the quilt shop in Trenton where I got some plain fabrics, and I also went to the quilt show in Jackonville. The speaker for the day had been taken ill, so the stand  in was Teddy Pruett, who talked on the history of Southern quilts, and how to identify them - right up my street. More on the quilt show and the talk in another post.

No comments:

Post a Comment