Search This Blog

I am a quilter living in Woodbridge, Suffolk who has made quilts since I was a teenager. I also ring bells! Both are great British traditions....I will try to feature some of my antique Welsh and Durham quilts, the quilts I make myself, my quilting activities and also some of my bellringing achievements. Plus as many photos as I can manage. NB: Double click on the photos to see greater detail, then use back button to return to the main page.













Thursday 12 July 2012

Minerva Quilts 12

After driving off from Suffolk, I arrived at Llanidloes and delivered the quilts. There are about 25 quilts, mostly Welsh quilts but with some North Country (Durham ) quilts as well. I also included six pairs of quilts - two Allendales (new and old quilts) two Princess Feather quilts (both made from a pattern in McCalls Book of Quilts) and two Northumberland Sawtooth quilts (top and my quilt).


 Doreen had been working in the Centre with the other volunteers and they had gotten the screens set up for the summer exhibition. We unloaded the quilts from their bags and put them on tables, ready for hanging.


 Later in the week, the volunteers were able to hang all the quilts. Some of my quilts were not hung, but draped on tables, which is effective, I think. Here is Doreen with the Princess Feather that I made in 1989.


 Then on Sunday 8 July, the opening and preview took place. These photos were taken from the Quilt Association website. You can see two of my quilts in the background, the gold and blue geometric quilt and the quilt with the zany centre from Aberysthweth.


Here is the feather quilt and the red and blue flannel quilt.
Plus the yellow and red wholecloth from Llanelli.

And this is the Framed Quilt with Roses from Ammanford.

I will have to go back at some point to pick up the quilts. The exhibition runs through to September 8. Open daily from 10.30 to 4.30, except Sundays, admission £3.50. Minerva Centre is located at the top of Broad Oak Street,  Llanidloes.

1 comment:

  1. Just added a post on my blog linking to this. Hope I'll have a chance to see the exhibition!

    ReplyDelete