Search This Blog

I am a quilter living in Woodbridge, Suffolk who has made quilts since I was a teenager. I also ring bells! Both are great British traditions....I will try to feature some of my antique Welsh and Durham quilts, the quilts I make myself, my quilting activities and also some of my bellringing achievements. Plus as many photos as I can manage. NB: Double click on the photos to see greater detail, then use back button to return to the main page.













Monday 9 July 2012

Back from Trip to Wales...

I went to Wales last week to deliver my quilts to the Minerva Centre for their Summer Exhibition. It is such a long drive that I decided to stay on a day or two more! I did over 700 miles but I am pleased to say that the new little car performed well and is doing fantastic miles to the gallon - so I am pleased!

There were nine bags of quilts - heavy, too - so I was glad when Mike was able to load all into the new car- I was not sure that they would fit. After delivering the quilts to the Minerva Centre on Sunday afternoon,

.....Doreen kindly put me up in her lovely house at the far end of a long country lane - three cattle grids, one ford and up a farm track.....here is a view driving back the next day towards Llanidloes on my way to Llannybydder. You can see the threatening clouds gathering!!
It rained quite heavily for most of my visit...


LLanidloes - looking toward the market place...more storm clouds...

A photo of the coastal road between Aberaeron and Aberytswyth.

I was able to visit the Wool Museum (hard to find, that one), Jen Jones' shop and the Quilt Museum. So I  have quite a few photos to share with you in the next few posts.

In the meantime, I am trimming and applying the binding to my Hawaiian Piilani quilt - it has to be sent off to FOQ very soon.

3 comments:

  1. Thank you for these beautiful pictures!I can almost smell the fresh air and I would really love to visit Wales one day. My quilt for FoQ also will be send off this week. Are you planning a trip to Birmingham?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yes, I will be going for all four days and staying at the same hotel in Solihull - only a short drive away and very pleasant. So I am looking forward to that! Binding applied last night and now hand stitching it on, so only the sleeve and "defurring" left to do on the quilt. Pippa

    ReplyDelete
  3. Just found your blog! Beautiful quilt!

    ReplyDelete