Search This Blog

I am a quilter living in Woodbridge, Suffolk who has made quilts since I was a teenager. I also ring bells! Both are great British traditions....I will try to feature some of my antique Welsh and Durham quilts, the quilts I make myself, my quilting activities and also some of my bellringing achievements. Plus as many photos as I can manage. NB: Double click on the photos to see greater detail, then use back button to return to the main page.













Friday 1 July 2011

Fantastic Quilt from Jen Jones

Here is a wonderful quilt from Jen Jones that I have been allowed to share with you. Before you get too excited, it has been SOLD - what a wonderful quilt for the new owner to enjoy, worth every penny of the £1200 it cost!


In the border, wonderful large leaves. The centre features an amazing "spider's web" which is echoed in the borders.


One side of the quilt is white while the other is pink. Seen here are the centre, large flowing leaves spirals and flowers. Expertly stitched in Cardigan about 1890.




The pink side - a large quilt, it measures 219 x 216 cm or 7ft 2 x 7ft 1.


I am also interested to see that Jen is selling a catalogue of her current exhibition "Oh that Summer would Last Forever". The cost is £5 plus post and packing, in the UK this would be £6.75, I am sending my cheque off now! Go to Jens website http://www.jen-jones.com and click on exhibitions.


I am also interested to hear that DVDs of the first two exhibitions, Heartland and Unsung, are in the pipeline. These will show good detail and details will be posted on the website once they're ready.

The British Quilt Study Group is having a weekend at Gregynog near Newtown, Powys in Wales this October 21-23 where we will be able to hear Jen talk and also go to Lampeter to see the exhibition. Doreen will also be there from the Quilt Association in Llanidloes. A very promising weekend. More details on joining and the seminar can be found on the BQSG website or in the recent issue of Culcita.



1 comment:

  1. Hi Pippa, fascinating description of that quilt's designs, but the photos are only staying at thumbnail size! Any chance of some larger ones? Would love to see the spider's web effect of the designs.

    ReplyDelete