Search This Blog

I am a quilter living in Woodbridge, Suffolk who has made quilts since I was a teenager. I also ring bells! Both are great British traditions....I will try to feature some of my antique Welsh and Durham quilts, the quilts I make myself, my quilting activities and also some of my bellringing achievements. Plus as many photos as I can manage. NB: Double click on the photos to see greater detail, then use back button to return to the main page.













Tuesday 1 June 2010

Bank Holiday Outing to Norfolk


Yesterday we went on a trip to Norfolk, ringing at four towers as arranged by Mr. Norris. We rang four quarter peals: Cambridge at Brooke for their flower festival, Plain Bob Minor for Alaric at Dickleburgh, his first quarter on six, then Norwich at Bressingham and spliced surprise minor (Cambridge, Beverley and Surfleet) at Banham. Nearly a lock out at the last church! Finishing with a curry at Bungay.

I used to think it was just a story, but it apparently is true that a distant ancestor, Robert Fuller left Redenhall in Norfolk and sailed to Massachussetts on the Mayflower. His grandfather was the town butcher and helped to pay for the bells at Redenhall. So a real family connnection at Redenhall, and probably also at Bungay nearby - what a handsome church! Perhaps that's why I like bellringing...

More on the star quilts tomorrow....

No comments:

Post a Comment