Search This Blog

I am a quilter living in Woodbridge, Suffolk who has made quilts since I was a teenager. I also ring bells! Both are great British traditions....I will try to feature some of my antique Welsh and Durham quilts, the quilts I make myself, my quilting activities and also some of my bellringing achievements. Plus as many photos as I can manage. NB: Double click on the photos to see greater detail, then use back button to return to the main page.













Monday 10 May 2010

V & A Quilt Exhibition




I went to London yesterday to see the V & A Quilt Exhibition with my daughter, Sophie. Ongoing engineering work meant that the train journey was very slow. However, the exhibition was as good as everyone had reported. The antique quilts were spectacular and the modern quilts interesting, although not many people seemed to be looking at them. I especially liked the final room with the quilting frame, the wholecloths and the recordings. Also found the Changi quilt and Fine Cell work very interesting. Only downside was the very dim lighting which made it difficult to pick out the details on some quilts. Got told off for trying to take a photo...

Later we met up with my son Tom and Lily. Sophie and I went shopping on Oxford Street and in a marathon exercise found a suitable dress to attend a wedding in Stafford next week. Finally we metsophie's friend Paul for a rest and a cup of coffee.

Then it was time to repeat the long journey home - but worth it I think.

No comments:

Post a Comment